Online Casinos are powered by a number of different types of casino software, each providing a no download version and / or a downloadable version. Below we have listed and given details about all the software providers that are powering the online casinos reviewed on this site.
Best Casino Software
As you get more experienced playing at different online casinos, you will start to spot differences between them and link them to features of the software powering them. No one can really say which is the best casino software out there as with many things this comes down to personal choice, however we are sure you will have lots of fun playing at the casinos and finding your best casino software type.
Casino Software Types
• MicroGaming - A very popular software provider is Microgaming and as such as well as powering over 120 online casinos, they have also won a lot of awards, voted for by online casino players. Based in the Isle of Man, MicroGaming is a privately owned company launched in 1994. MicroGaming is the software that Casino Cruise uses, take a look at our in depth Casino Cruise review for more information.
• CryptoLogic - Another popular software provider is CryptoLogic, based in Ireland, CryptoLogic also powers a large amount of online casinos and has won many awards. CryptoLogic is the software powering InterCasino, more information can be found in our in depth InterCasino review.
• Playtech - Was established in 1999 and by 2009 was successfully admitted to the AIM Market on the London Stock Exchange. Playtech powered games are available in download or non download Flash versions and include a number of top Marvel Slot titles. Playtech power a number of top online casios such as Betfair Casino and you can learn more about this casino in the Betfair Casino Review.
• Gamesys - Launched in 2001, based in London and provides many good slots games and bingo games along with all the other casino games you would expect to find at a online casino. Gamesyse powers JackpotJoy Casino which is also a reviewed casino on this site.
• WagerWorks - Based in London and San Francisco, WagerWorks is part of the International Game Technology (IGT) group as of 2005. IGT is the biggest manufacturer of Slots machines in the world. WagerWorks powers a great number of online casinos of which Virgin Casino is the casino reviewed on this site.
• NetEnt - Founded in 1996 Net Entertainment are a globally based company dedicated to pushing the limits of online gaming entertainment. They provide a wide range of graphics rich, high payout casino games to a number of online casino. Net Entertainment games provide full support for 24 languages and all their games undergo third party verification and review to ensure the highest standards.
How to Download Casino Software
Downloading the casino software is the same as downloading any other software to your computer and installing it. In short it consists of clicking a download link, saving or running the setup file, double clicking the downloaded setup file if you opted to save the file and then follow the instructions of the setup wizard. See our Beginners Guide for more details on how to get started and step by step guide to downloading and installing casino software.
If you prefer a no download casino, there are casinos that offer this such as Virgin Casino that only has a no download version, check out our in depth casino reviews for more information about the options available at the different casinos.
Free Casino Software
All casino software is free to download and install. All casinos reviewed on this site offer all games in free play mode so you can play all the games for free before playing for real money. For more information about the different games available from these casinos check out our casino games reviews.